Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day in the life and how do I get there


The blog assignment is coming to an end, which has me reflecting on the end—the goal of the class, or all the classes I am taking.  What would it be like to be a youth services librarian?  

Abby the Librarian has recently posted a couple of ‘days in the life of a children’s librarian.’  See how her days went here and here.  

Since Abby works at a public library, I searched the Internet for a couple of days in the life of a school librarian.  I found a couple of interesting days, one at Heart of the School and the other at Support School Libraries (teacher-librarian).

Caitlyn posted a snap shot of a day at a public library on her blog that made me smile.

Now, how do I get there?  Finish up with classes, go on the market, interview, etc.
Abby the Librarian posted some tips for applying and interviewing for positions.  She had recently been interviewing for positions at her library.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the resume writing & interviewing tips from Abby! It's always helpful to hear what might get your foot in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so true. I think everyone has a different experience or similar that helps in what we are doing in libraries. Very helpful and great insights. I hope that our blogs can continue and hope to hear from many of you. It has been a pleasure meeting you.

    ReplyDelete